Straightforward to make and low carb? Rely us in
Joe Wicks was a busy boy final yr (and this yr, to be truthful). In addition to maintaining the nation transferring with day by day PE with Joe classes on YouTube and launching The Physique Coach Health App, he additionally penned a brand new ebook, which got here out on the tail finish of 2020. The 30 Day Kickstart Plan goals to assist us construct wholesome habits and day by day routines centred round how exercising recurrently and consuming nicely makes us really feel, reasonably than the way it makes us look.
Alongside train motivation and sleep recommendation, the ebook is full of 100 tasty, simple to comply with recipes. The recipes are damaged down into reduced-carb meals, post-workout meals and snacks. This scrumptious pancake recipe sits within the reduced-carb meal part of the ebook and we simply know it is going to change into a breakfast staple.
Joe Wicks’ Elvis Pancakes Recipe
Elements, serves one
– 4 rashers of streaky bacon (120g)
– Two small ripes bananas
– Two eggs
– Two heaped tbsp of peanut butter
– Half a teaspoon of floor cinnamon
– Massive pinch of baking powder
– 10g butter
– Non-compulsory drizzle of maple syrup
1. Preheat your grill to most
2. Lay the rashers of bacon on a baking tray lined with baking parchement. Slide below the recent grill and cook dinner for about 4 minutes on all sides, or till performed to your liking. I like my bacon crispy on the skin however nonetheless a bit of smooth.
3. In the meantime, utilizing a fork, masks the bananas in a bowl right into a tough puree. Crack within the eggs, spoon in a single tablespoon of peanut butter sprinkle within the cinnamon, baking powder and pinch of salt. Give the whole lot stir. Pancake batter sorted.
4. Soften the butter in a big non-stick frying pan over a low to medium warmth. As soon as effervescent, spoon the batter into the pan to make 4 to 6 pancakes. Fry the pancakes with out transferring them for 3 minutes on the primary aspect, or till the batter has set, then flip and fry the panckaes for an extra minute on the second aspect.
5. Whereas the pancakes are gently frying, combine the remaining peanut butter with half a tablespoon of water in a small bowl. This can loosed it, making it simpler to drizzle on the pancakes.
6. Pile the banana pancakes onto a plate. High with bacon, drizzle over the peanut butter together with a bit of maple syrup in case you like. Gobble down, Elvis-style.