From his new e-book The 30 Day Kickstart Plan, Joe Wicks’ simple to make hen recipe is certain to turn into a dinner staple
Joe Wicks was a busy boy final yr (and this yr, to be honest). In addition to retaining the nation transferring with every day PE with Joe classes on YouTube and launching The Physique Coach Health App, he additionally penned a brand new e-book, which got here out on the tail finish of 2020. The 30 Day Kickstart Plan goals to assist us construct wholesome habits and every day routines centred round how exercising recurrently and consuming nicely makes us really feel, relatively than the way it makes us look.
Alongside train motivation and sleep recommendation, the e-book is full of 100 tasty, simple to observe recipes. The recipes are damaged down into reduced-carb meals, post-workout meals and snacks. This sage butter hen recipe, full with lemony spring greens, sits within the reduced-carb part of the e-book and is pleasingly simple to make of a weekday night.
Joe Wicks’ sage butter hen with lemony spring greens recipe
1 x 200g skinless hen breast fillet
A drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper
A small handful of sage
1 clove garlic
100g asparagus ideas
100g frozen peas
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
Juice of½ lemon
Inexperienced salad, to serve
1. Place the hen between two items of cling movie or baking parchment on a chopping board. Utilizing a rolling pin, meat mallet or some other blunt instrument, bash the hen till it’s about 1cm thick throughout. Drizzle the hen breast with somewhat olive oil, rubbing it into the flesh, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Soften 15g of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to excessive warmth. When effervescent, fastidiously lay the hen within the pan and fry for about 4 minutes.
3. In the meantime decide the sage leaves and finely chop the garlic clove. When the hen has had 4 minutes, flip it and fry for an extra 4 minutes when you prepare dinner the greens.
4. Put the asparagus in a microwaveable bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cowl and zap on excessive for two minutes. Chuck within the peas and prepare dinner for an extra 2 minutes till tender.
5. Come again to the hen. Soften the remaining butter into the frying pan, add the sage leaves, chopped garlic and chilli flakes. Prepare dinner for 1 minute extra, stirring, till the sage leaves are crisp. Take the pan off the warmth; by now the hen can be cooked by way of. Examine by slicing right into a thicker half to ensure the meat is white during, with no uncooked pink bits left. Utilizing a slotted spoon, take away the hen and sage leaves onto a serving plate.
6. Put the frying pan again on a excessive warmth. Chuck within the asparagus and peas. Prepare dinner for 30 seconds extra till the veg is warmed by way of, then squeeze over the lemon juice. Pile the veg onto the plate alongside the hen and spoon over all these unreal buttery juices. Serve with a inexperienced salad.