Contemporary blueberries, blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes (dare I say blueberry donuts?) – I even grew up making that terrible Jiffy fast combine for blueberry muffins which I’m not even certain had been actual!
I attempt to eat at the very least a pair handfuls of recent blueberries or raspberries daily – these are my go-to fruits!
I really like the flavour and blueberries are excessive in anti-oxidants and nice on your pores and skin, and since berries are a low-glycemic fruit, they don’t spike your blood sugar like excessive sugar fruits.
Berries, almond flours, and coconut flours are all an excellent selection for many low-carbohydrate diets, together with the favored Paleo eating regimen and the Ketogenic eating regimen.
Almond flour and coconut flour are each coronary heart wholesome and loaded in wholesome fat, protein, nutritional vitamins, minerals and are naturally gluten-free! These flours have turn into a staple in my family.
I had an enormous yearning for blueberry muffins yesterday, so I looked for just a few recipes and selected one. Since I didn’t have all of the components, I looked for just a few extra, skipped the sugary glaze, and morphed this into my very own recipe.
It turned out so moist and scrumptious, I’d positively make this once more, and something fast and straightforward is true up my alley!
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (I take advantage of pink Himalayan, extra minerals)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp recent lemon juice (I squeezed half a lemon)
- 1 small container of recent, natural blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350, or 325 if utilizing the convection setting (I used convection).
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan (I used coconut oil), and minimize a bit of parchment paper to line simply the underside of the pan (nice trick for serving to the underside to not burn and so it doesn’t stick).
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a big bowl, put aside.
- Whisk collectively eggs, coconut oil, honey, and lemon juice till combined (you don’t should beat)
- Unfold 1/3 of the batter onto backside of the pan, and sprinkle 1/3 of the blueberries on high. Repeat yet one more time with remaining batter and berries.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, till a knife inserted into the middle comes out “pretty” clear. Take away from oven and permit to chill.
TIP: I used to be most impressed that it didn’t end up “mushy” within the center as some paleo breads do….if you should cook dinner it a bit of longer, you’ll be able to cowl the highest with foil in order that it doesn’t burn. Mine was good at precisely 32 minutes on the convection setting!
Which Manufacturers Did I Use?
Pink Mill makes one which’s blanched made with simply the within of the nut and this could in all probability offer you a bread that’s lighter in coloration, however I really like the additional fiber and the nuttiness.
I usually have the sort readily available that’s semi-soft however I wished to present this one a attempt for cooking eggs, and many others.
I used natural blueberries as a result of I all the time eat natural berries – they’re one of many fruits that take in lots of chemical compounds so I attempt to eat natural berries each time potential.
Most of this I purchased at Entire Meals which is the place I prefer to splurge on wholesome stuff!
Sorry guys, I don’t monitor macros or energy so I’m not precisely 100% on what the dietary worth is in a serving of my blueberry paleo bread, however I can guarantee you which you can eat it guilt-free so long as you don’t eat the entire loaf! 😉
You can all the time plug it into myfitness pal for those who want these macros! ENJOY!